● Doublet apochromatic optical design
● Two-element, air-spaced optical assembly minimizes false color
● 72mm aperture, 420mm focal length, f/5.8 focal ratio
● 2-inch dual-speed Crayford-style focuser
● Aluminum tube coated with glossy, black diamond metal-flake finish
● Included accessories: tube rings, a Vixen-style dovetail and a foam-lined aluminum case
Sky-Watcher's Evostar apochromatic doublet refractors are the perfect blend of superior extra-low dispersion glass and affordability. The Evostar refractor lens assembly utilizes a proprietary combination of matched lenses, delivering tack-sharp stars with charcoal-black, contrast-rich skies. All ED glass elements are fluorite-based and feature our proprietary Metallic High-Transmission Coatings™ (MHTC™), virtually eliminating all false color while the internal baffle helps prevent stray light from affecting your photography. Like the optics, the tube is beautifully crafted using aluminum and finished with a black diamond metal-flake finish.
Using a doublet refractor instead of a triplet has some advantages: less glass means less weight, less weight means a less expensive telescope, so you can dedicate more money for your camera or laptop while benefiting from a lightweight astrophotography rig.
The Evostar 72ED comes in a foam-lined aluminum case with tube rings and a V-style dovetail plate.
Optical Design ED Apochromatic Refractor
Optical Diameter 72mm
Focal Length 420mm
Focuser Diameter 144x
OTA Weight 2.0kg kg
Tube Length 420mm